- Which medical specialty has the best work life balance?
- Which medical specialty is the least stressful?
- What is the hardest specialty in medicine?
- How do I choose a specialty?
- Which medical specialty is the happiest?
- What is the easiest doctor specialty?
- What is the most stressful medical specialty?
- What kind of doctors are most needed?
- What is the easiest medical field?
- Which doctors work the most hours?
Which medical specialty has the best work life balance?
Respondents gave these specialties the highest average rating for work hours and schedule flexibility:Physical medicine and rehabilitation.Dermatology.Radiation oncology.Orthopedic surgery.Emergency medicine..
Which medical specialty is the least stressful?
Dermatologist. Salaries average $297,000. You need four additional years of training, but dermatologists can control their hours and often work a much shorter week. This is considered one of the least stressful specialties, and it’s ranked very high in job satisfaction.
What is the hardest specialty in medicine?
Competitive programs that are the most difficult to match into include:General Surgery.Neurosurgery.Orthopedic Surgery.Ophthalmology.Otolaryngology.Plastic Surgery.Urology.Radiation Oncology.More items…
How do I choose a specialty?
Med school prep checklistAssess your skills—not just the amount of money you wish to make. … Gain clinical experience in your preferred specialty. … Research the culture and availability of your specialty. … Choose a backup specialty. … Make your residency program application as authentic as possible.
Which medical specialty is the happiest?
Happiness at Work Per Medscape’s report, the happiest specialties at work were dermatology at number one, ophthalmology at number two, allergy and immunology at number three, followed by a three way tie between orthopedic surgery, psychiatry, and pulmonary medicine.
What is the easiest doctor specialty?
2. You love the hours and want a specialty that is “easy.” Many students choose a specialty thought to have ‘easy hours. ‘ The fields that come to mind are the E-ROAD specialties – emergency medicine (EM), radiology, ophthalmology, anesthesiology, and dermatology.
What is the most stressful medical specialty?
For the most stressful medical job, the highest percentages of burnout occurred among these medical specialties:Critical care: 48 percent.Neurology: 48 percent.Family medicine: 47 percent.Obstetrics and gynecology: 46 percent.Internal medicine: 46 percent.Emergency medicine: 45 percent.
What kind of doctors are most needed?
The most-recruited specialties were:Family medicine;Internal medicine;Psychiatry;Hospitalist;Nurse practitioner;Ob/gyn;Orthopedic surgery;Emergency medicine;More items…•
What is the easiest medical field?
5 easiest healthcare professions to get into#1 – Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) CNAs assist patients with personal cares in a wide variety of settings including home health, long-term care, rehab, clinic, and hospital settings. … #2 – Phlebotomist. … #3 – Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) … #4 – Paramedic. … #5 – Medical Records Technician.
Which doctors work the most hours?
The specialties in which physicians are more likely to work 51 or more hours a week are:General surgery: 77 percent.Urology: 76 percent.Cardiology: 72 percent.Pulmonary medicine: 68 percent.Nephrology: 68 percent.